futuREuse supports a reuse economy, where use starts with reuse
futuREuse was born from the FCRBE Interreg NWE project, of which Salvo is the main UK partner. FCRBE, which stands for Facilitating the Circulation of Reclaimed Building Elements, does not exactly roll off the tongue, so we like to hum F-C-R-B-E in the tune of Aretha Franklin’s classic, ’Respect.’ Respect is particularly fitting given that only 1% of building materials are reused in northwest Europe, and we are all responsible to show a little more regard for the high environmental impact and net loss of economic value if we fail to reuse. Register now for the launch of futuREuse resources designed to support people working across the built environment.
Register now for the launch of futuREuse with resources created to accelerate and support your reuse ambitions and radically increase the reuse of reclaimed building materials.
why get involved?futuREuse will build over the next few months into an architectural salvage, reclaimed building material and modern salvage resource with many outputs from the FCRBE project including:
- Truly Reclaimed - a new label for the genuine antique, reclaimed and salvaged
- MRA - a new way to measure the carbon benefit of reuse
- Technical data sheets on reclaimed building material
- Reclamation specifications for specifiers
- The latest case studies to inform reuse pathways
- Forums for architects & designers, dealers & craftspeople & students
- Reclamation wiki